Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Discussions

I was interested in finding out more about my mum's background in Dublin as she was very secretive about it and in the last few years of her life couldn't have told me anything
anyway because she couldn't communicate. I had always been interested in this, and in researching my family tree, but once i had access to the internet i realised i could find out more about it than ever before,so i used to google various names and places on the web to see what it came up with, and it came up with the Cabra West thread on here. this got me reading this and all the other threads, loved looking at the pictures too, and hearing about life in the tenements. I read the threads on a reguar basis and it took me
about a year if not more to actually join, as i felt a bit of an fraud not being a real "dub." However everyone was really wecoming and i stuck with it and now find i'm on it more
for the "craic" and the interesting discussions than the family history thing, though i am still interested in that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment